Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Truck Project. Part 3. --The Interior Part 1--

Here is the interior of the truck after taking the dash and plastic parts out of it
The thing I love about my truck is that everything comes apart with either
a screwdriver, or hex wrench!

Here is the dashboard. not a very good picture but oh well...
(btw that is an airsoft pistol in the pic)

Here are the a/c vents. they were black but I took them apart and cleaned them.
painted em black and red, and put it back together.
I think they look pretty rockin!


Here is a plastic side panel from the cab of the truck.
quite nasty.
most of the panels were in this shape or worse


more random panels to be cleaned and painted...


Starting to paint the panels...


Here is a neat before and after shot of the rear panels.


Side floor panels after being painted.

Random cab panels after painting.
looking much nicer :D



Unfortunately the rain has delayed my installation so....
I shall get back to ya'll with shots of what it all looks like in the cab!




5 comments:

  1. Black is cool! Nice spray-paint job. :)
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS GREAT!! I hope it doesn't wear off anytime soon!
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to own an older vehicle that you can actually work on yourself...(oh, and with your encouraging friend, Io)
    How come no one calls him Joe? :)
    Definitely doesn't LOOK like a Joe.
    Hmmm. Gabriel, Gabe....I like 'em both.
    Such digression. I don't know how it happens.

    Comin' along quite manish, Gabe.
    Whoda thunk?

    {{* *}} YoMama

    ReplyDelete