Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sharpening Iron Night with Joseph

About a week ago Joseph and I decided to hang out for the night.
He brought along his mower blades and shovel,
and I drug out the sharpening wheel from the depths of our garage.
Here are just some neat pics I took of the sparks while he was sharpening.



One of the mower blades



A different angle on the sharpening.
using one of my many speakers as a stand for the sharpener.



A neat shot. It reminds me of sparklers on the 4th of July



this is just a sweet shot of a ton of sparkelies (sp)
I tried slowing the shutter speed down to get more sparks.
I think it worked :p


7 comments:

  1. Neat pictures, Gabe :)
    Liked your title too! :D
    It reminded me of the verse "iron sharpens iron"
    And i do think it would be sparkelies! lolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...from a mama perspective I must comment on the lack of protection for Iokepa's eyes, and I am sure his mama would concur.
    Aside from that, I applaud your manly time together, as I love that verse and think of it often as a gauge to my own activity...
    "does this word or activity sharpen my own iron or the iron of those whom I am with?"

    Amazing pictures!

    {{* *}}
    Yo Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes eye protection would have been a good idea. Although I was using the tool so that all the sparks were flying away from me, you never know. Thanks for letting me use it!

    Yo bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooo...the light!!
    It's so beautiful...er...uh...AWESOME! :D
    I say, I suppose that once I got over the initial shock of flying sparks of burning metal, sharpening iron would be rather fun! (Provided that I had eye protection, of course :)
    Looks grand Gabe and Gui!

    ~Yo Friend
    (figured I'd keep follow suit with Yo Mama and Yo Bro)
    hahahaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooo... Shiny!

    Your title reminded me of the "iron sharpens iron" verse as well!

    And I agree with Anna too... about the initial shock of flying sparks, burning metal, etc, etc.... haha


    ~Yo Sista

    (might as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahahaaa!
    I have no "Yo's" left!
    HELP ME OUT, Y'ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete