Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Truck Project. Part 1. --The Buying--

Hey All,
I have decided to start posting about one of the main things I am doing in life right now. Renovating my 1985 Ford Ranger Longbed.
It is not completely finished so it will be awhile between posts as I get caught up to where I am currently in the renovation process.

So, without further ado....

Here is the sight that greeted me pulling into the Gentleman's yard
for the first time


And the view from the other side,
The man who owned it before me was adjusting the headlight,
as it was in a fender bender before I bought it.


A closer shot at the front without grill and bumper. quite nasty.
cleaning that is definitely on the to-do list.

Ideally I would like to replace the crooked part...
but it involves welding the frame so I might wait on that,
as it is rather above and beyond my current skill level.


And here we have the interior as I first saw it.
The steering wheel was probably the most disgusting part of the whole interior.



A picture of my Longggg-bed, and amazing toolbox :)



So there are the pictures I have from the Purchase Day.
At times I have regretted buying it, but I am full out into restoration and upgrades now.
I'll give you a quick overview of what is in store for my beast.

1. 2, 12" subwoofers mounted in a box behind the seats, and a 1500 watt amp pushing them.

2. Rhinolined spray in truckliner for the bed, toolbox, and floor in the cab.

3. re-upholstered ceiling, door panels, and maybe seats.

4. fog lights, and LED lighting in the engine bay, and recessed LED lighting in the bed.

5. Either a lift kit and beefier tires, or I'll cut the springs and drop it.

indecision reigns on this issue as of now.




More posts will be forthcoming. As I can gather the pictures and time to post.



God Bless and thank you for reading.

Gabe



7 comments:

  1. I can't believe what it looked like then!!! Crazy!! But I do remember the smell. ;)
    Its going to look GREAT!
    GU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! and #6 on the list is I am sanding it down and painting it flat black. for starters...
    not sure what color to paint it after that.

    iv been thinking mayb a deep glossy
    black cherry color... the kinda that changes from black to maroon when the sun hits it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a nice truck when you are done!
    Black Cherry, that would be a cool color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice gabe. Can't wait to catch a ride in it when your all done. W00T!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *GASP*

    A post!!

    WOW! I forgot what your truck used to look like... much better now! Sounds like you have it all planned out.

    ~Lauren

    P.S. I like #6! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely organized, well written post inspires me to actually WANT to read about an ol' Ford truck that sits in the driveway.
    Maybe even take a daily saunter to take a peek an' a whiff (I remember the aroma too, Iokepa).

    I like the hope in your phrasing,
    "beyond my current skill level"
    Current is the operative word here....
    always learning, growing, refining ~
    ...even with a truck to teach you.

    Totally great fog light pic on the title page!
    "Gabe's Truck....A Formidable Presence"

    Vroom.
    {{* *}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEA CAR!!!!!!!
    YEA POST!!!!!!
    YEA...I CAN FOLLOW YOUR BLOG NOW!!!!!
    :D :D :D :D
    ~Anna
    (sooo happy)

    ReplyDelete