Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So This is Life



Recently I have been thinking about what to do with my life and things are seeming to come together. So I said to myself. "Self. lets share what I want to do on the blog."
So here is my life plan for the next few years.

I'm not sure exactly what I want to do yet but I have narrowed it down to a few pre-reqs that will help. The most immediate is I am going to start an internship with a local computer repair dude who has 18 years of experience repairing computers and networking servers, something that I am interested in. After the apprenticeship, I would most likely become Microsoft Office 2008 certified, which would allow me to work for corporations or schools/hospitals etc.

Next will be to start taking Gemology courses from GIA (Gemological institute of America)
I will be getting certificates for Diamonds and Colored Stones.
I might end up getting my GG (Gemologist Graduate) degree, if that is something I wish to pursue further.

Thirdly, I would get my AA at DSC. This might come later as I would need to save more money for those classes.

Through it all I plan to continue working at the jewelry store part time, working with Joseph in his soon to be BOOMING Landscaping business, and I am contemplating opening an Ebay store and selling random items, maybe cornering a niche out in the market.


7 comments:

  1. Sounds great Gabe...
    Don't forget to do the dishes.
    Onward & upward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha "Self. lets share what I want to do on the blog."
    and yes gabe, don't forget to do the dishes :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont other people talk to themself in 3rd person? its great! lol

    and yes Mommy the dishes are done and the counters are wiped down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha yes, yes they do. including me sometimes.......or a lot :P jk jk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I talk to myself in 3rd, what would life be without it. I couldn't do my gollum impersonation....and where would we all be without that!
    Good plan...Stick to it! You know I wont let you do otherwise :)
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Gabe, your future is looking bright! I hope, during all this schooling, that we get to read your thoughts and other news...keep it comin'! :) Here's to what the Lord has in store for you!
    Blessings,
    Anna :)
    (PS) You can add my blog to your list, if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete